One of our favorite activities in the Billings area is hitting the trails on a hike with family and friends! And there are some amazing views in Billings. Here’s a list of my favorite places to hike with a view:
- Four Dances Trailhead, across the Yellowstone River from downtown Billings, features a moderate 3 mile loop trail over looking the Yellowstone River.
- John H. Dover Memorial Park descends from the Billings Heights down to the Yellowstone River, crossing robe bridges along the trail suitable for all skill levels.
- Norm Schoenthal Island and Riverfront Park south of downtown Billings feature tree-lined trails along the Yellowstone River suitable for all skill levels. Bring your fishing poles.
- Phipps Park consists of a moderate 2.5 mile loop trail northwest of Billings’ West End.
- Shiloh Conservation Area in west Billings features a paved loop trail suitable for all skill levels.
- Swords Park extends from end to end atop Billings Rims, featuring amazing views of downtown Billings and across the Yellowstone River Valley, historical points, and interesting rock features. Paved trails in much of the park allows access for all users.
- Two Moon Park, extends from the Billings Heights to Coulson Park along the Yellowstone River. Various paths and trails meander below the bluff to the north.
- Zimmerman Park hosts 4 miles of trails ranging from easy to intermediate along the top of the rimrock above the Billings West End. These trails are favorites for mountain bikers as well as hikers.