It may not be picnic in the park weather outside, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t tons of stuff to do around here. In fact the Billings Area can get pretty creative when it comes to winter activities. I personally love to go to go hiking or biking along the rims, or on snowy days, go sledding at Pioneer Park.
The best part about living in Billings is it’s proximity to endless outdoor adventures, year-round.
Here’s a list to keep the cabin fever away:
- Hiking, biking, running, and walking along Trail.net
- Sledding at Pioneer Park
- Strolling through ZooMontana visiting the animals
- Touring the Montana Audubon Center
- Sipping spirits at any one of Billings great breweries: Thirsty Street Brewing Company, Uberbrew, Canyon Creek Brewing, or Angry Hanks Microbrewery
- Ice Fishing at Lake Elmo State Park
- Swimming and sliding at The Reef Indoor Water Park
- Snow Shoeing at East Rosebud or Lower Lake Fork Trail in Custer National Forest
- Skiing at Red Lodge Mountain
- Swimming at Chico Hot Springs Resort
- Road tripping to Yellowstone National Park
- Ice Fishing at Tongue River Reservoir State Park
- Snowmobiling in Cook City